Dry skin affects people genetically or due to low skincare routine and various underlying skin conditions like psoriasis or eczema. There is a wide array of home remedies for dry skin available within your reach. You can attain a smooth and clear skin texture with highly beneficial ingredients with medicinal properties that are treasured in your home for decades.
Virgin coconut oil
Freshly squeezed virgin Coconut oil is a uniquely effective product enriched with several medicinal, emollient, and health beneficial properties. This oil hydrates and nourishes your skin cells.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a clean soft towel.
- Apply the virgin coconut oil on your face, neck, and all over the body to moisturize your parched dry skin.
- Let it sit for a few hours and then have a bath.
- You can apply coconut oil before going to sleep and rinse it in the morning.
Mango face mask
Mango is a wonderful moisturizing home remedy for dry skin as it is enriched with vitamin A that helps in hydrating your skin cells and heal dull & patchy skin.
- Olive oil
- Take one mango and peel the skin and put the pulp into a blender and mix it well into a smooth consistency paste.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and blend to make a creamy mixture.
- Apply this paste to your facial skin and let it sit for 1 hour.
- After an hour rinse the mango mask off in lukewarm water and pat it dry with a clean soft towel.
Banana face mask
Bananas are fantastic moisturizing agents that can do wonders for your dry skin condition. You will be amazed at the results.
- Coconut oil
- Take 1 ripe banana in a mixing bowl and mash it up well.
- Add the coconut oil and blend the ingredients together to produce a smooth consistency paste.
- Apply the banana mixture gently massaging it on the face, neck, and other affected dry skin areas.
- Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a soft towel.
Shea butter body cream
If you want to make your dry skin feel replenished and smooth then this paste is a wonderful moisturizing home remedies for dry skin.
- Shea butter
- Virgin coconut oil
- Vanilla absolute oil
- Almond oil
- Pour 2 tablespoon of Shea butter, 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil, 4 tablespoons of Almond oil, and 1/2 teaspoon full vanilla absolute oil into the blender.
- Mix the above ingredients together to produce a smooth consistency paste.
- Pour the nicely blended butter mixture into a jar and store it in the fridge.
- The Shea buttercream can be applied to your dry skin and will do wonders to your skin.
- This creamy mixture can be used for 6 months respectively.
Oats facial mask
Oats is also used as a moisturizing skincare product and have shown amazing results in repairing dry patchy skin conditions.
- Take ¼ cup of milk in a saucepan and warm it, make sure you do not boil the milk.
- Now pour the warm milk over 3 tablespoons of oats kept in a bowl, mix milk and oats the ingredients well and then let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Add honey to the mixture and then stir it a little more.
- Apply this mixture to your face and wait for it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the face mask off with water and pat it dry with a clean soft towel.
Sour cream face mask
Sour cream contains lactic acid and can be used as home remedies for dry skin that can exfoliate dry dead skin cells and helps you achieve smooth glowing skin tone.
- Gram flour
- Sour cream
- Add 2 tablespoons of sour cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoon of gram flour to sour cream and blend it well until it reaches a smooth consistency paste.
- Now apply this paste to your face and other dry skin areas and massage the mixture gently in circular motions.
- Wait for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the face mask in cold water and then pat it dry.
Avocado face mask
Avocado is a fascinating fruit that is delicious to your skin too. It is enriched with vitamins and all the essential nutrients for treating your dry skin.
- Take 1/2 avocado and scoop the flesh and place it in a bowl.
- Mash the avocado and add ¼ cup of organic honey to the fruit and blend it well until you get a smooth consistency paste.
- Apply the face mask paste to your face and neck, along with other dry skin areas
- Wait for 20 minutes and then rinse the mask with warm water. Pat it dry and relax.
Yogurt face mask
Your skin will rejoice and replenish with nourishment care when you use this extravagant yogurt home remedies for dry skin.
- Plain yogurt
- Granulated sugar
- Add the plain Yogurt 1/4 cup and 3 tablespoon honey in a mixing bowl.
- Next slowly add the 3 tablespoons granulated sugar to the above yogurt mixture and blend it well.
- Apply the mixture to your face and other dry dull skin areas and massage it in circular motions
- Wait for 15 minutes and then rinse off the mixture.
- The mask exfoliates dead dull skin cells and rejuvenates your skin.
Egg face mask
The proteins present in the eggs are brilliant sources that can perform wonders to your dropping skin conditions. It helps in reducing skin patches and blemishes while generating a smooth skin texture.
- Orange juice
- Olive oil Castor oil
- Lime juice
- Pour 1 tablespoon of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of castor oil, 1 tablespoon rosewater, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 teaspoon lime juice into a bowl and mix them.
- Take 1 egg and separate the egg yolk and pour it inside the bowl along with other ingredients.
- Mix them well into a smooth consistency paste and then apply the mixture to your face, hands and all over your body.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse the face mask by having a bath in cold water and then relax to feel the glowing smooth skin all over your body.
Cocoa face mask
Chocolate flavored face masks are amazing home remedies for dry skin and keep your skin softer, smoother and nourished with exotic textures.
- Cocoa powder
- Maize flour
- Pour 5 tablespoon cocoa powders, 5 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoons nicely mashed avocado, and 2 tablespoon maize flour to a large mixing bowl.
- Blend all the ingredients together to produce a smooth consistency paste.
- Now apply the cocoa paste to your face and whole body wherever the skin is dry and scaly.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to 60 minutes according to your needs.
- Rinse it by having a nice shower in lukewarm water and then pat it dry.
Your skin will now be smoother and delicious with exotic glow with these home remedies for dry skin. Enjoy!